Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nun Run 2011 Race Report

Last Saturday I ran my first race of 2011 which was the Nun Run 5K. This race report will be short and simple. It was a cool morning and very cloudy. The rain held off till after the run. I ran the race with my slowest 5K time ever – 26:12. I was very disappointed in my time but it was good enough for first in my age group (25 – 29).


What is cool about this race is that they offer a pancake breakfast after the run. Also it is called the Nun Run and they have to guys dressed up as Nuns that run the race. What stinks about the race is that there is a deceptive hill on the way back to the finish line. The hill is very slight but very long. It gives this 5K a little bit of a challenge.

Here is a pic of the folk from my running club (Albany Run/Walk) that ran this race.


Here is a pic of my race bling.  I may not be as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was. 

FYI - This weekend will be my last long run before the Albany Half Marathon. Can I get an Amen?!?!


Life is Good.

No comments: