Saturday, August 4, 2012

Long Time No Blog

Ok, so I haven’t blog all summer.  Here is what I’ve been up to.

Training:

Well, this summer I decided to do something a little bit different with my training.  So, back in June I bought the INSANITY workout DVDs.  All I can say about them is that it’s Insane (I know cheese but it’s so true).    The first week I was so sore.  I’m talking place that I have been sore in a long time.  I did the first month of videos with only missing two workouts.  Then I started month two with the new / longer videos and oh my goodness.  Let me tell you that day one of month two was the Hardest thing I have ever done.  Month two was so hard that I could do it on the schedule that they had.  I tried my best but I just couldn’t do them every single day.  But I plan on continue to do the videos as part of my workouts  as part of my training. 

Right now I am starting to gear up for my next race – The BostonMini Marathon in Boston, Ga.  It’s a half marathon at the end of October.  Right now I’m about twelve weeks out.  I’m going to try my best and get under the 2 hour mark.  That would mean that I would beat my time at the 2012 Albany Half marathon by 12 plus minutes. 

Also today I got some new running shoes from Mizuno for FREE!  I'm so excited about them.  I will do a whole post on that later on as part of getting them for Free from Mizuno. 

Family:
The adoption process is slow but it is coming along.  We filled out all of our paperwork and got that turned in about two week ago.  As you can see in the picture to the right it was A LOT of paperwork.  Our case worker said that she will get with us in the next couple of weeks to finish this out.  To tell the truth I’m not sure how much longer we have till we can adopt but I know that it is close.  Very close.   I’m excited and nervous.  If you want to read our adoption journey you can do so HERE.




For Sarah Jane and Raleigh they are finishing up the last few days of summer.  School starts back next week for them.  We all took one last trip together to beach last week to end the summer on a high note. 
Life is Good. 

No comments: