Monday, March 17, 2008

Tri @ The Y

The Tri @ The Y was a good little race. It was held at the Moultre YMCA. This was their first Triathlon.
The Swim was done in their indoor pool. It was a snake swim. Basically you swim down and back and then go to the next lane. So, 8 lanes down & back made for a 400 yard swim. The heater was working in the pool because it was warm. It felt like old bath water. I was the second one to start so I started out hard than I wanted to. But that was my race plan. I wanted to go so hard in discipline that I threw up. My time for the swim was 6:08. That was a pace of 1:32 per. I had the second fastest time in the pool.
T1 felt slow with a time of 2:06. I had trouble getting my shirt on and getting my bike off the rack.
The Bike course was out in the country with a few good size hills for South Georgia. The only problems were the first two turns where the Police were station. One didn't explain which way to go and the second cop sat in her car and yelled out to me which way to go. Not cool. The cops sucked but the race volunteers were good.
I was nervous about it being too cold on the bike after the pool swim. I was surprised to find out that the weather was perfect. It wasn't too hot or too cold. I started 3rd on the bike and tried to hold'em off. This is still and area that I need to work on.
I lost one water bottle about mile 13 of 15 and somewhere near the transition I lost on of my pad to my aero bars. I was sad. I had an average speed of 18.6 with a top speed of 28.5. I had the 14th fast bike time with 48:26.
T2 time was 1:01.
The Run was good. It was and out and back and very flat. I couldn't catch my breath the first mile, but after that I got into a rhythm. I was able to pass a few guys on the run. The total time was 21:44 with a pace of 7:00. This was my 2nd fast 5K in the past 6 months.
Total Time for the whole race was 1:19:22.
I had a good time at the race and was glad that I did it. I hope I can learn from this and that it will help me out this summer.

No comments: