Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sarah’s Swimming Lessons

I recently joined a master’s swim team. I did real want to join the team. I already had a free place to swim and paying for it seemed a bit too much. However the pool is nice with the swim team, it is coached, and there are other swimmers there to help motivate me.

I talked with the coach to see if I could find anybody that could give private swimming lessons to Sarah Jane. Molly, the coach told me that the pool at Darton is open on Saturdays if I wanted to teach her myself. I was pumped to find out that that was an option.

Well last weekend I gave my first swimming lesson. My goal for this year is to teach Sarah Jane how to swim. She loves water. It doesn’t matter if it’s the pool, the beach, and even the bath tub.

We went down to the local college pool to give it a try. Sarah Jane & I had a blast however I don’t know how much she learned. I think I may still need find someone who knows how to teach swimming lessons and let her learn that way. When she gets with her Dad she wants to play. Either way I think we will be making more trips to the pool for Daddy Daugherty swim time.

No comments: