Friday, July 18, 2008

SuperKidz Triathlon

Sarah Jane will be doing the SuperKidz Triatlon on July 26. Last year I did the adult portion of this race. But while I was there I got to watch all the little kids do there 1st triathlon. How cool, doing your first tri before the age of Five!

Sarah Jane will enter the race in the Munchkin Age Group. In this she will be swimming 25 yards in an outdoor pool. This age group will be able to use flotation devices. She wanted to use her pink tube but the flotation device can't be inflatable. So she's got a life jacket and a kick board to help her across. We will be practicing with the kick board over the next week so she will be use to it. I think Sarah Jane will be good on the kick board.



The rules say that she can have one parent help with the transition. So I'll get to help her with her shoes and helmet. She just got some new Merrile's and the are velcro. Sarah Jane said, "I will win because the other kids will have to tie their shoes." She is pretty smart. It took me a few race before I got Yankz for my shoes.



The bike is .49 of a mile. Portions of the bike will be dirt/grass and the rest will be on neighborhood streets. Sarah Jane will be rockin' her Disney Princess bike.

Finally she will run .25 of a mile.



Sarah Jane is excited about doing this race. She loves to swim but I'm getting nervous for her because her age group goes first. I feel that if the swim goes good so will the rest of it. The bike will be her best part of the race. She can bike a mile no problem. I don't know how she will do on the run after doing the swim and bike but she is tuff.

I know that all the kids will get T-Shirts for the race. I kinda hope that there are only 3 girls in her age group so I will know at the start of the race that she will get a medal. I'm nervous about it the race but I guess that's the triathlete dad in me. If you talk to Sarah Jane she will tell you that she is going to win the whole thing!

If anybody wants to come cheer her on she would appreciate it. Just let me know and I'll let you know exactly when and where.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Mommy, Myki, and Dylan will be there... Maybe even Aunt Christy. I am excited and anxious to see how she will do. I know that she's pumped!

Oh, and nice job on her "kicks"... love them.

:)