Saturday, July 19, 2008

Loop The Lake Race Report


We had a good time at the race. It was well put on for a local 5K. The course seemed like it was slight up hill till you got to the finish. I was glad that I did this race with Sarah Jane.

Total time for the race was 23:25. No where near my best but I did push 40 lbs over 3.1 miles in a stroller that pulled to the right. So, I'm pretty happy about my time. I came in 1st in the stroller division and 2nd in my age group.

Click Here For Cool Video From The Race

Click Here For Race Results

Click Here For Pictures From The Race




There is a funny story about the next two pictures. The strollers started five minutes after everyone else. Which was cool because I got to pass a lot of people. When I got near the finish I gave it one last kick because I know that there was one guy behind me with a stroller and I didn't want him to pass me.

As I got in the right in front of the finish line I pass the guy in the red shirt. Just as I got in front of him one of his buddies said pick it up. The guy in the red shirt replied, "I can't there's a damn stroller in front of me!"


Here we are getting our medal.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Cute pictures. Love Janey's pose.

Glad you guys had fun!