Saturday, July 26, 2008

SuperKidz Triathlon

Today Sarah Jane became a triathlete. She completed the YMCA SuperKidz Triathlon. She swam 25 yards, biked 0.49 mile, and ran 0.25 mile. She did all of this in 23 minutes and 20 seconds.

Here is here first race report.

We got to the race early. I think we had the 2nd or 3rd bike in transition. We set our stuff up and waited for the swim. Sarah Jane got real nervous before the swim (and so did daddy) but when they said go she took off. She was so cute in the water.

At T1 I helped her put her socks, shoes, and helmet on. Then she got on the bike, kinda. The bike part started on the grass and she couldn't pedal on the grass so she pushed her bike to the road (which was about 500 yards away) and got on it there. The volunteers didn't tell her which way to go. So, when they did it scared her and she turned too fast and fell. But she got right back up. I was so proud of her.

When she got done with the bike she took off running. She didn't stop the whole way. I didn't know she could run so fast. Her total time was 23:20. She came in 4th in the 4-6 year old age group.

After the race I took her to get some lunch and for Ice Cream! I am so Proud of her. She did so good. Sarah Jane join a special club today. She will always be a triathlete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!! Take care. Good luck on the next one. Love ya, Joan

Jay said...

YAY! I love the video. She did great, I was proud of her too. :)

Who knows, maybe one day she will be an iron(wo)man. :)