Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 17


About every four weeks will be a recovery week for me. And it couldn’t have come at a better time. Not only was my body worn out from training but Sarah Jane came to stay with me during the middle of the week. So, when I have her I much rather spend my time playing with her than doing a workout. Here was what I was able to get done last week.

I did two swims covering 2.1 miles in just less than 1 hour and 10 minutes. Both of the swims were done at Tony’s Gym. I think I might quit the masters swim team after July because I don’t need a coach to help me swim and I’d rather save the money. On the other hand I would tremendously (big word for me) miss Darton’s pool and working out with other good swimmers. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

I did Only One bike of 26.56 miles. I had hope to at least one more bike on the trainer but didn’t find the time. Excuse I know. But I have heard that it is better to be under trained than over trained. I’ll let you know how that works out for me.

I did three runs covering 13.5 miles with a total time of just over 2 hours. One of those runs was the 5k. After doing the race I found out that I need to do more core work. My Abs and back were very sore the next day.

The picture at the top is one that Sarah Jane took of me.

1 comment:

Jay said...

:), Janey's taking after her momma..

The Other day she said "When I grow up I am going to be an artist, but on the weekends I am going to take pictures with you... unless I have a date or something" It was hillarious.

Maybe she really could help me take pictures with me, she did a good job on that one of you. I can't believe how fast she is growing.