Saturday, August 16, 2008

Georgia Veterans Triathlon Race Report

The weather was nice for a race in August. The clouds keep the sun out which made it cool that it should have been. Plus the clouds helped with the swim because on the way back t shore we didn't have the sun shining in our face. We did have a very short light rain on the bike.

The Swim - I was in wave one and I took off. I was third out of the water in my age group. I had a swim time of 5:50 which was down from last year of 7:25. When I got out of the water I felt good and ran hard up the hill to T1.

T1 - I don't know what happened but my time was 2:20. How? On my watch I was at the minute mark. I must have stoped and had breakfast and blowed dried my hair because I don't know what I did for the other minute and half.

The Bike - It was just as I remembered. The first 7 miles were very technically and the last 6 were wide open. I had a time of 39.18 which is 19.8 MPH. That was better than my time of last year of 40:57. I wanted to average over 20 MPH but I'll take the improvement.

T2 - was a 1:17. Again I don't know what could have taken me so long to change shoes.

The Run - This was worst part of the race. I just couldn't get movin'. I did the 5K in 25:13 which was 2 minutes slower than last year. I've never ever ran a 5K that slow.

This is the sheet that they print out of the splits. I know it's hard to read but if you click on the picture it should make it bigger. My name and times are the one on the top. I will post a link of the official race results when they get them up online.

My total time for the race was 1:13:56 which was a PR by 1:13. So I'm happy with the PR but not the way I got it. I real mad about my run time. If my transitions where close to what they should have been and I did the run around 23:30 minutes then I could have droped my time by 5 minutes. I came in 10th out of 31 in my Age Group. I was told that there were over 325 people that signed up for the race, making it the largest group for this race ever.

No comments: