Friday, August 15, 2008

Mark, Set, Go

Well I think I am set to go run my Tri tomorrow.

Tonight I carbo loaded with Lasagna.

I was hungry. I ate the bananas while it was cooking.


As many triathletes do before the race, I lay my stuff out. Every time I always feel like I am forgetting something no matter how prepared I am.

My plan for the race is simple Go Hard.

Swim All Out.
Negative Split The Bike.
Run All Out.
Have Fast Transitions.

Yep pretty much just like everyone else. But I really think I can do it.

I hope I'm in the first wave of the swim. I know the race is not won on the swim leg but I want to be first out of the water. I think I was second or third out of my age group last year.

I say that I want to negative split the bike because the first half of the bike course has a lot of turns that can be tricky. So, I want to have a good pace until the second half of the bike course where it opens up. There is one turn that is at a right angle and you have to slow down for it. There is only one real hill that I remember from the past years and the rest is nice and flat.

On the run I will feel like I'm dead but I tend to run faster 5K's in triathlons. I don't know why that is. The only thing I can think of is that I'm warmed up. The run is funny because on the swim I get out in front, then passed by everyone on the bike, and I tend to catch'em on the run. But you never now what will happen on race day.

My nutrition on race day will be the following:

Breakfast at the Waffle House

Hornet Juice Before the Race and on the Bike
Water on the Bike

One gel before the Swim and One gel before the Run.

Here is the map of the Swim.



The Bike


The Run


For the rest of the night I plan on watching the movie Gladiator. I just got it in the mail today from Netflix. After that I will hit the sack. I want to be at the race at 6:00 AM.

By The Way -

I grew out a goatee and I told my buddies that I would keep it until today when I shaved for the race. Well one of them dared my to come to work today with a Fu-Manchu. Well you can see for your self. Jorge in a Fu Moo.



2 comments:

Jay said...

You look so funny with that... I didn't even recognize you. wow.

Jay said...

Oh, and I have to add that I cannot believe you took a picture of your empty plate. ...To document your membership in the clean plate club? :)