Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pictures from the Wedding




The Pictures above were taken at the Barn in Herod, Ga.

We had a good time at the Wedding on Saturday. Sarah Jane sat in my lap and ask questions the whole time. Where's the Bride? Who's that? Why is that lady sitting there? Why are those flowers there? On and on the questions went. She is going to be a flower girl in a wedding in March of 2009 so she wanted to know all about it.

I've always wondered where my wife got all of her opinions about how she wanted to do her wedding. Because when we got married she asked me what I wanted to do about this or that, what kind of music, flowers, cake, and so on. I guess I figured it out where she got her opinions from. Little girls just know about weddings.

When I was 4 years old I don't think I knew anything about a wedding. That was pretty much true up until the day I got married. Just ask my wife I wasn't any help with the wedding planing. The only thing I knew about weddings I learned on TV. Now I may have went to weddings as a kid but that doesn't mean I was paying attention to what was going on.

To tell the truth I don't like going to weddings with Sarah Jane. Don't get me wrong because we have a good time but I just don't like the wedding part. Because every time the preacher asks the same thing, "Who gives this woman to be married?"

And the Dad says, "Her Mother & I do."

Then the Dad gives his little girl one last kiss and sits down. Then the wedding continues but I keep watching the Dad. Kinda like the way Sarah Jane watches the wedding. I want to know what the Dad does. Does he cry? Does he just smile? How does he feel? What is he thinking? I want to know because one day that will be me. And as much as Sarah Jane is looking forward to marring prince charming I am feeling just the opposite about it.

There is nothing I can do. So just like Sarah Jane was learning what it is all about. I'm doing the same thing. So that day when it is her turn to walk down the aisle, I'll be just as ready as she is. Until then I'm hoping that she will just marry me. As of right now she has said yes, but I've got stiff completion with the kid from her pre-k named Noah. But I his only 5 and I sure I can take him

1 comment:

Jay said...

....you will cry. like a baby...

and so will I, for that matter.

You will always be the first love of her life.