Saturday, February 21, 2009

Darton College 5K

If you are in the Albany Area there will be a 5K at Darton College today. It will start around 4:00 PM.

I’m hoping for two things from this race.

1) To beat my time from the last race. I ran the Nun Run in about 24 minutes. I think a PR is too much to ask since I have been running that much and I haven’t been doing any speed work.

2) I want get out and have fun. I need something to motivate me. I haven’t felt like training very much over the past 3 weeks. So maybe this 5K will give me a little spark to get going again.

Here is what I will be listing to on the ipod. What do you think? The set list is right at 24 minutes long and I know it will keep my Heart Rate up.

Runnin’ Down a Dream – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Move Along – The All American Rejects
List of Demands – Saul Williams
The Pretender – Foo Fighters
Bleed It Out – Linkin Park


This is the first year that Darton has had a race so I wonder how many people will show up. I'm pretty excited about it because I've never done a race that started in the afternoon. Should be fun. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great choices for the ipod. good luck today!

Patti Ann said...

the playlist is a really interesting way to keep your speed up. i think i'll have to try it.

i completed your interview! check it out.