Friday, February 6, 2009

Nun Run Race Report

I ran the 5K at the Nun Run last Saturday. Here is a picture of me and some of the guys from Albany Run Walk. I'm in the center in the green shirt & black hat.


It was a very cool race. The weather was cold but just right for running a 5K. I've been waiting for the race results to be posted online to get my official time. I saw 23:05 when I cross the line. That is nowhere near my best but I think it got me third in my age group. I didn't stick around for the awards because I to take Sarah Jane a birthday party. However I did beat the running nuns


Training Update:

I have not done anything since the Nun Run. I've not ran, biked, swam, pull up, sit up, push ups, yoga - nothing. I have been reading Runner's World if that counts?

I've been working everyday since the Monday before last. This is the busiest time of year for us with everyone getting their income tax refunds and with people buying platters for the Super Bowl.

Hopefully I can get out of this funk this weekend. I may run the MCLB Half Marathon here in town on Saturday but I may just sleep in. I need some rest. I've over sleep the last two days and I didn't hear the alarm clock yesterday. But the good thing about taking the last week off from training is that my foot is getting better. Last week it was hurt to walk on it and know I feel like I can run again. I plan on doing at least something this weekend.

2 comments:

Jay said...

God Speed, everyone.

Anonymous said...

I have been craving a 5K lately. It's the perfect ego-boost distance, ha. Plus, it's been a long time since I've done one and I'd like to think my time could be faster. Sounds like you did great!