Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Albany Marathon 2009

I'm finally in. I've been planing and training for this race for months now and just signed up. The Albany Marathon is a 'Home Race' for me for many reasons. Here is a few.

  1. I've lived in this town since I was 3 years old
  2. This will be the second time I've ran this race
  3. I've been training and running parts of the course for months now
  4. The course goes by my mom's house where I grew up
  5. It goes by the hospital that my daughter was born in
  6. The course goes by the lake where me & my wife fell in love
  7. My Church will be doing the Start / Finish Line Tent
  8. I'll run thru the college that I graduated from
  9. This race was my first Marathon
  10. A lot of my friends will be running it and a lot of my friends & family will be cheering me on

I'm pretty excited about this race. However I've not been training for it as much as I should have. February was a crazy month for me. I ran when I found time but it was not enough for a marathon. So I'm not going to worry about my time too much. I'm just going to go out and have fun and enjoy the race. Here are some pictures of me doing it last year.

Here I am sprinting towards the finish line.

Here I am getting a Hero's Welcome from Sarah Jane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cuute pics! This sounds exciting. I'm about to re-run a race I did last year, should be fun. I'm hoping to beat my time, but totally with ya - this month has been a little crazy with the running/scheduling/etc.

Jay said...

For some reason this post made me cry!

--- I didn't think about all the places that you went by, I guess.

The Hospital, Lake Loretta, Darton.

Hmmm, very cool.

runnergoslow said...

Great RACE today. Great crowd. Great weather for the first 3 hours and hotter than I trained for the last 1.5 hours. I am in for doing this again next year - after the Goofy Race and a Half!

Anonymous said...

Where is Mrs.TriRunner? Is she okay? You have not mentioned her lately. How did she like your finish on saturday?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,

Nice to know you care.

No Worries, I am alive and well... Just without internet access - Mr. Tri runner is a little clumsy and broke our internet box. Oh well... I will survive, even if I can't blog. Keep checking back, I'll be back soon.

As for the race -- I was very PROUD of him. Now I am getting excited about our Trip to Nashvegas for him to run the Music City Marathon.

Thanks for thinking of me! ;)