Sunday, May 3, 2009

Augusta Ironman


This week I've signed up for the Augusta 70.3 Ironman. I am super excited about doing this race. It is 21 weeks away and I have a lot to do to get ready for it. I've not done any swimming in about 3 months & I've hardly bike at all. Reason being is that I've been training for marathons. I just finished my 3rd marathon since January. So, I've been mostly running.

This last week was more like a recovery week for me after finishing the Country Music Marathon. I workout somewhere around four hours on the week. I bike 37.3 miles & ran 7.3 miles. Hopeful this week I'll be able to find the pool a couple of times to back in the swing of things.


I've found a 20 week training program online that I plan to use for a guideline for my training. My goal is to spend most of my time on the bike. I feel like after running 3 marathons over the last four months my legs should be in good shape.

I'm excited about have a new race to train for. It should be a fun summer of training. I invite you to come along with me as I share my training & experiences of this journey. I know I will need your encouragement as the summer gets hotter & the workouts get longer.

Also if you want to sponsor me you can by clicking here:


All Team OneVerse donations go to the translation project for the Rutara People Group in South Asia.

3 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

That's awesome!!! I would love to do something like that someday. I want to do a marathon though before I do something like this. I can't wait to follow your progress. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is Really cool - Great way to incorporate some more inspiration and meaning into your running....as if you need anything to add to a 70.3 Ironman! ha, WOW. I can't wait to hear more about your training!

Learning As I Go said...

Holy Crap, how do you have so much energy?