Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Training Update

I’m so pumped because last week I was able to do all of my schedule workouts. Right now I have no injuries to speak of. However, I’m tired all the time and very hungry. I’m also gaining weight like crazy. What I’m about to say might make so of you guys mad but I’m actually trying to gain weight. At the beginning of the year I was around 143 to 148 lbs. Right now I’m around 155 to 158 lbs. You see I’ve always been a skinny guy so all the weight that I’ve put on has been muscle. What’s funny is I’ve gained almost 20 lbs. this year and all of my clothes still fit. The way I see it the weight that I’ve put on is due to the amount of training / working out.

Here is the breakdown from last week’s training.

Monday – 2000 Yard Swim in 45 min

Tuesday – One Hour Bike Ride covering 16.1 Miles then a 30 minute continuous swim going 1650 yd

Wednesday – 2000 yd Swim in 45 min. + 30 minute easy Run going 3.2 miles

Thursday – 30 minutes on my bike trainer and one hour run going 5.5 miles with a heat index of 112

Friday – 3 mile easy run in 30 minutes

Saturday – Rest Day, So I took an 1.5 hr nap

Sunday – 29 mile bike ride in 1 hour & 50 minutes. This was the only workout that I had to cut short. I sleep in too long and had to cut the ride 10 minutes short. Also on Sunday afternoon I had softball practice for about an hour and half. In case you didn't know I'm now playing softball for my church. I don’t know how much playing softball will help me on race day but I was sore the next day.

Total Time of Swimming, Biking, and Running – 7 hours and 20 minutes.

Only 14 more weeks till Augusta 70.3 and till I get one of these. Here is a picture of the inaugural finisher’s medal. Life is Good!


2 comments:

Kel said...

Keep up the great training! I am non-stop hungry too...ugh! Isn't that medal going to look sweet around our necks? :) Keep pushing forward!

Learning As I Go said...

good for you. Keep up the good work.