Monday, July 6, 2009

Training Update

Last week was a recovery week! The plan was to do 5 hours of training. I want to say that I got pretty close to that. But my training was not very traditionally. Last week I did a little bit of everything. I work a ton during the week and didn’t have much time to train. I got most of my hours in during the weekend. I was off only two nights last week. One night we spent at a church league soft ball game and the other night we went to see a fireworks show. So with all that I had to do it was a perfect time to have a recovery week.

I played 2.5 hours of soft ball during the week. I’m not sure how shagging fly balls in the outfield and running the base will help with my training but it was a fun way to done some quick sprints. It’s weird I can run or bike for 2.5 hours and not be as sore as I was last week after playing softball.

So with all the soreness I did about 30 minutes of yoga. The stretching felt good and I helped me recovery from the game. I need to find more time to do yoga because when I do it really helps me the next day.


Last weekend I went down to my dad’s who lives near Sea Side Florida. It was nice to have a new place to bike. I did two early morning rides along the strip on Sea Side. Riding by the beach was cool but there were tons of runners and cyclists out getting in their workouts. With all the runners and bikers it looked like everyone was getting ready for a race.





I wanted to get an open water swim on the beach but they had red flags up and I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to go out for a swim. So I went back to my dad’s and got in a swim there. He lives on Tucker Bay that connects to the Inter Coastal. I did about a 20 minute swim and best I can figure it was about half a mile.




I also took my daughter out in a sea kayak. Sarah Jane loved it. We sang, “Row Row Row Your Boat” for about 30 minutes. It was some great daddy daughter time.
I only had time to get in one short run. It was an easy 2 mile run that took about twenty minutes.

After last week I am feeling mentally and physically refreshed. Right now, only 12 more weeks till Ironman 70.3 Augusta. Life is good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She was talking about that kayak ride on the way to the babysitter this morning, she must have really liked it. I am sad that I didn't get a picture! :(

Love you.

Dana said...

can't wait for the Ironman. Oh and to answer your question about Majesty... They are going on tour with Duck Duck Goose.

Chloe said...

Ha! You where in my hood! I'm about a mile from Seaside :) Glad you enjoyed your time here!

Heather C said...

I'm with you! Training was a little "off" last week, but hey, variety doesn't hurt! :) Looks like a great swim and bike ride too, that scenery could make Anything enjoyable.