Thursday, July 30, 2009

YMCA Superkidz Triathlon 2009 Race Report

Last Saturday my little girl ran her second triathlon. Sarah Jane ran at YMCA's Superkidz Triathlon. She did so good and I'm so proud of her. Here are some GREAT shots my wife took.

Me and Sarah Jane going over our race plan.

Sarah Jane doing her warm up swim



Look At ME!!!



On Your Mark,


Get Set,


GO!!!

The swim was 25 yards for the 4 to 6 age group.

Out of the pool and on to T1

I didn't get any bike pics. The bike was 0.49 mile ride. But here we are after T2 and starting out on the run

Running 0.25 miles is a long way.


She crossed the line in 15:15!


I couldn't be more proud of her. She did great. I don't know who enjoyed it more me or Sarah Jane.

7 comments:

Learning As I Go said...

congrats, she is adorable

Marlene said...

Congratulations to Sarah Jane! Awesome!

Ashley said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!! I keep thinking about getting my daughter in a tri. Did I see that they could use kickboards??

George Houston said...

Ashley - yes at this race the 4 to 6 age group could use kick boards and life jackets. Sarah Jane use a kicked board last year and did just fine.

Anonymous said...

Congrats SJ!!!

Gah, it is so cute that they have these. I love it! In the pics she looks pretty into it - I think maaaybe she enjoyed it just as much as you ;)

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

Congrats Sarah Jane! How awesome that she is "racing" already!

Red said...

This is easily the coolest thing I've ever seen!! I wonder if my Little Miss will want to do something like this when she gets a bit older... ;)

Kudos!