Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Hours Before Race Day!

Just to feel you guys in.

I left work sick on Thursday and then went to the Doctor on Friday. I was diagnosed with upper respiratory infection / tonsillitis. I've been feeling weak all weekend until today. I'm not 100% but I'm a 100% better than I was on Thursday. I've been taking a Z Pack and some other medicine to help me start to feel better. I'm hoping I will be able to eat good tonight and I will have some energy for the race tomorrow.



I just got back from the race expo. While I was at the expo I saw a shirt that said "PR or ER" and I thought that was so true for me.

At the race expo they said that the is one knot of current in the river and that if you floated the 1.2 miles it would take you 1 hour and 12 minutes to do the swim. I'm sure someone is going to float the swim.

So the bike is checked in to transition and I've got my gear ready to go. I'm just hoping I'm feeling good enough to finish 70.3 miles of swimming, biking, and running.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Good luck! I was wondering how the swim was going to be after all of the rain up there!!

Lindsay said...

saw your tweet about the shirt, loved it.

hope the race went well! looking forward to hearing the details :)