Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boston Mini Marathon Race Report

I just got back from Boston, Ga and I wanted to write a quick post about the race before the Dawgs kickoff.

I woke up late today. I was afriad that I wasn't going to get to the race in time. I couldn't find anything at the house to eat. I guess that is poor planning on my part. But I did grab a protein bar, some gels, and a Gatoride before I walked out the door.

This year it was HOT. It was 70 degress when the race started and it didn't let up from there. As soon as the sun came out it got hot fast. I imangie that not many people got PR's today because of the warm weather.

I did a 4:1 run/walk for the race. I did the run/walk for first 12 miles and I ran in the last mile. I got some strange looks from some of the other racers. I guess they have never seen a run/walker before.

I felt good before, durring, and after the race. I finished it in 1:59:10. My watch was off by 2 seconds. I bet in a few days they will have race results for the Boston Mini Marathon posted here - http://www.bostonga.com/events.htm


Life Is Good!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Ack, waking up late the morning of a race would totally throw me off. Glad you made it on time.

Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

i've had a few mis-haps on race morning but never waking up late (so far, knock on wood!) that would definitely throw me off too. glad everything came together well enough, minus the unexpected heat!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Marlene - that would not be a good race day omen for me!

Like the watch picture ;)

Way to get out and do it before fooootball! I need those LRs on Saturday now too - haha calms me down before a game.