Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween and Race Plans

Every year we get together with a bunch of friends and go trick-or-treating and this year will be no exception. There is one neighbor here that goes all out for Halloween. They decorate their houses like it is Christmas time. It's very cool! All the parents load up their kids on trailers and golf carts and tractors and go trick-or-treating.

Here is video I made from 2007 of Sarah Jane. She was Barbie Island Princess


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgrLcM5T_Pc


In 2008 we were a Pumpkin Princess.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRMLoXyMBU



This year Sarah Jane is going as Hannah Montana. Which is fine with me but my wife and daughter have come up with the idea that I should be Robbie Ray (Hannah's Dad). Great, I get to be Mr. Ackey Breaky.

In Running News -
Saturday I will be running the Boston Half Marathon. My wife for some reason is excited about going to watch me do a two hour run. I think she had a great time last year. Turns out there is a great place for her to eat breakfast and then later in the morning the town turns into a carnival. So, it should be a fun morning of racing and spectating for everyone.

From what I've been told several people from Albany Run Walk Group will be making the drive over to do the race. So I should have some good friends to keep me company on the 13.1 mile run. I'm not looking for a PR but I don plan to run hard and see what happens. The way I've been running and feeling over the past few weeks I should get a good time.

Have a great Friday and Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Good luck at the half!

Happy Halloween to you and the family. make sure you share some pics of those costumes!