Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Busy Week of Recovery

Last week for me was a week of recovery. After the Boston Mini Marathon my legs were shot. I took the first part of the week off to give my body a rest. I’d been training hard for the last four weeks and I needed some time off from pounding on the pavement.

So was does a triathlete do when is recovery time? A whole lot! Last week I got my oil changed, car washed, cleaned house, got caught up on laundry, paid bills, got in some extra time in at work, played stupid Farmville on Facebook a lot, got a haircut, bought my wife a few Christmas presents, and I’m ALL done decorating the house for Christmas. Yep that’s right done. If you scroll down this blog a few posts you will see what I did to the outside to my house. Not only do I have my Christmas lights up I’ve got the tree up and decorated too. The way I see it I’ve got to do it anyway so I might as well get a head start.

So this week I’ve got nothing else to do but workout. I’ve caught up on all my family duties so I can spend more time running. I’m looking forward to getting back into the gym and lifting. It should be a good week of training.

My mantra will be, “No excuses. Train Like a Champion.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeeeze - someone is productive when they want to be! I'm impressed. Christmas shopping already? Very smart.

Enjoy the gym this time around!

Jay said...

Um.... excuse me, dear husband of mine... WE cleaned house and you got caught up on YOUR laundry (which means you took your work clothes to the dry cleaner and washed your under-shirts) and WE (the three of us) decorated for Christmas...--- the rest of that I guess you did do by yourself --- and you also forgot to add that you went and bought a baby carseat/bases and suprised me with it!

Now... if I could just find those Christmas presents. They better not be at your Mom's.. that's cheating.

and one more thing...

You "Caught up on your family DUTIES so you can spend more time running" --- Did you forget that I read this blog?

love you, even if you are addicted to Farmville. :)

Oz Runner said...

you have been productive, nice job...i did get my christmas lights up last weekend too, wanted to take advantage of the nice weather...

Lindsay said...

wow you certainly were productive! a guy, christmas shopping?! yikes! ;)

lol about farmville. i didn't get into that one but i do play some gangsta mob wars haha. i'm a hood white girl...