Friday, February 26, 2010

Twas The Week Before The Marathon...

Twas the week before the marathon, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse.

The race shirt laid out by the gym bag with care,
In hopes that a Finisher's Medal would soon be there.

The TriRunner was nestled and snug in his bed,
While visions of PR’s danced in his head.

With mamma on Facebook, and I on the PC,
Had just settled in for a week of recovery.



With the marathon less than a week away I'm getting VERY Excited! It’s something about a week of recovery that makes me want to train more. But as of right now I’ve got too much to do. My wife is having her baby shower the day after the marathon and she was invited several people to come stay with us. So, I'm sure she will have me a honey-do list to keep me busy.

But two of the guys that will be staying with us will be running the Half Marathon with me – Robby & Devon. It will be their first half marathon!

I’m looking forward to a good race and good times with friends.

Life Is Good!

5 comments:

Jay said...

I am laughing so hard that it hurts. Did you write this poem? I am just going to pretend that you are talking about your momma being on facebook...

---and I have already taken care of the honey-do list for the most part. Thank you very much! :)

Chloe said...

Nice poem! Love it!

Lindsay said...

love the poem! hope recovery week is off to a good start :)

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

That was good! Still smiling!