Friday, November 5, 2010

Riverfront Run 2010 Race Report

Last Saturday I ran the Riverfront Run.  I ran the 5K and my daughter ran the 1 Mile.  Here is my race report.

So the night before a race I like to get all my stuff together. As I was grabbing shoes and trying to figure out what shirt to wear I found my race belt. Now, I always leave my BIB from the last race on my race belt. When I looked at the BIB that was on there from my last race it was from my last marathon that I ran back in March. So it has been a long summer of not racing for me.

The weather for the race was perfect. The air was cold but not freezing. If you were not moving it was pretty chilly but I know once the race started it would be just right.


This year I had a lot of friends & family there to cheer me on. My wife was the race photographer. It was nice to have here there to take pictures. My friend Devon came over from Alabama for the weekend and he ran the race with me. Not to mention all my Albany Run/Walk buddies. Here is a group picture of all the Albany Run Walk folks that ran that day.


This 5K was chiped timed.  Which is nice for a 5K race.  I think there were about 200 plus peole that ran the 5K.  I didn't get a PR but I gave PR effort.  I ran the 5K in 22:44 which was good for 3rd in my age group. Devon came in right behind me and got 1st in his age group. Which by the way that was Devon’s first race ever! Now he is looking to find more 5K’s back in Alabama.

If you are looking for a complete list of the race results you can click here.   

If you want to some of the picutures from the race you can check out Click's facebook page.  There you will find a sneak peek from the race.  When all of them are done I will share the link. 

After the race I ran with Sarah Jane as she ran the 1 Mile Fun Run. She took off like rocket at the start but her jogging pants were too long and she tripped on them. She went face first into the asphalt. After a few tears and a pep talk from Mom & Dad. She got back up and finished strong.


All in all it was a great day and great race. Life Is Good!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

you guys are so cute in the last pic; and of course SJ looks great running her mile!

that's quite some time away from the racing scene, but sounds like a good race to comeback with. now don't be gone so long next time!