Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Every Step Is A PR"

Last Saturday I ran 10 miles for the first time in the last six months.  I haven't had a double digit run in a long time and it felt good to go that long again.  But this 10 mile run was different than all my other 10 milers.  Here is the story. 

I can remember when I kickoff the Albany Run/Walk season in August.  I stood up in front of a room over 100 plus people (some of which had never ran more that 3 miles) and told them that ARW will help them run a marathon.  I got a lot of strange looks from the newbies because they didn't believe me.  But sure enough the ones that did the training were able to run the 10 miles last Saturday with me. 

We did two loops of 5 miles.  I can still see the look of many of the new runners faces as I my group would pass (or be passed) by the other pace groups.  I over heard one guy say the second time time we pass, "Every Step Is A New PR." 

It has been a long time since every step for me was a new PR.  So, it was great to live it thru all the new runners that I am helping to achieve their goal of running a marathon.  There was a lot of pride from everyone that day that ran.  I must say that so far that was my favorite run of the fall.  I can't imagine what it is going to be like when these same runners cross the marathon finish line in March. 

Golf

Later that same day I played in Golf Tournament that my church was hosting with some guys from work.  Me and one other guy on our team could play the other two guys could not.  But we all had a great time and help raise some money for a good cause. 


Keeping My Head Down. 



Racing

I am supper excited about this weekend!  I will be racing for the first time since February.  I will be doing the Riverfront Run 5K.   I've done this race the last several years and have always enjoyed it.  Now I dont think I will get a PR on Saturday but I will be running hard incase I do.

Happy Fall Y'all!

1 comment:

Makenzie said...

Long time reader, but first time poster......keep up the good work!