Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Hay Is In The Barn

Welll, I guess I can tie a bow on the training for the Snicker's Half Marathon because all the work is done.  This morning I put in my last 3 miles of running before the race.  Since my last post about training I didn’t think I was going to get in any more long runs but I was able to in a 12 mile run in on February 19th.  Since that run I’ve felt ton better about what I can do this Saturday. 

However I am felling somewhat nervous.  I had a dream the two nights ago that I forgot to go pick up my packet / race bib at the expo and I didn’t realize it till I had woke up for the race.  I was running around at the race trying to find the race director to get my stuff so I could run.  It was CRAZY. 
I don’t know why I’m this excited.  I’ve done several Half Marathons (and even run farther).  The race this Saturday will be my 5th time to run this event.  Which would give me a total of 104.8 miles of running this course.  But for some reason I still feel like this is my first time.  I guess that’s why I keep running it. 
Next time you hear from me I will have a finisher’s medal around my neck. 

No comments: