Saturday, August 11, 2012

2012 Georgia Veterans Sprint Triathlon Race Report

Today I did my first Triathlon since September of 2009. I completed the Georgia Veterans Sprint Triathlon.  This race today was not about getting a PR or tuning up for a bigger race but about just getting out and doing a dadgum triathlon.  You see I’ve swam and bike the same number of miles in 2012… oh, Zero.  But I have been running and doing core workouts so I was not totally out of shape.  I was just not in triathlon shape.  

I finished the race with a time of 1:22:23 which was good for 7th in my age group.  I was less than 9 minutes off my time from when I did this race in 2008.  Here is the link to the  2012 race results

It rained for the swim and bike portions of the triathlon today.  I did the 400 yd swim in 7:40 – pace of 1:55 per 100.  I did the 13.6 mile bike in 43:35 – pace of 18.7 MPH.  I  did the 5K run in 27:18 – pace of 8:48 per mile. 

All in all I wasn’t too sore when it was over.  I had a blast splashing in the lake on a Saturday Morning with my Triathlon Buddies.  Oh, and I also got some more Race Bling. 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

not shabby at all considering the lack of tri-specific training!