Thursday, October 2, 2008

1 Mile With Sarah Jane


This Saturday Sarah Jane & I are going downtown to do the River Front Run. There is a 5K and 1 mile at this race. Sarah Jane and I are going to do the 1 mile fun run together. I feel that Sarah Jane is too big to ride in a Jogging Stroller (or maybe I just think she is too heavy for me to push her for 3.1 miles) so she is going to do her own race. I would like to do the 5K but I know that I haven't been running like I should and I would try too hard and hurt myself.

Sarah Jane is excited about doing this race. She loves to come out and watch her daddy run and she likes to ride in the stroller when I run. So, for her this is big stuff that she is going do the whole race by herself. She asked me if there would be a tape for her to run though when she finished the race. I told her that there might be one but you have to finish first to run through it.

The race is downtown by the River Front Park. It is always a great place for a family race. There is a cool park for the kids to play own. I'm thinking that we are going to have a good time at the race.

Here is a course map of the 5K and 1 Mile Run.



No matter how much Sarah Jane is looking forward to the race I'm definitely more excited than she is about the race. This race is different than other races that I've done. This will be hopefully the first of many that I will run with Sarah Jane. She is at the age that she wants to do whatever I do which is cool with me. I want her to like running because whatever sport she plays - soccer, dance, swimming, or cheer leading she will need the endurance that running gives to make her successful. Plus when she is older and thinks back about her dad she will remember that I would not only run triathlons and marathons but taught her how to be a runner. Sarah Jane has been my longest running partner and when you are running you can have some great conversations when there is no T.V. or anything to distract you. It's pretty cool when just me and her.

I'll post some pictures from the race and let you know how she did. I'm thinking our finish time will be somewhere around the 20 minute mark.

After the race Jay, Sarah Jane, & I will be going to a wedding. I'm pretty excited about going to the wedding because Jay & Sarah Jane will be there but also because several of my buddies from work will be there as well. Hopefully it will be a good time. The only reason (or main reason) that I'm cool with spending my Saturday at a wedding is that the Georgia Bulldogs have the BYE week this weekend. So there will be no college football for me this weekend. I'll be hanging out with the family.

Keep Running!

No comments: