Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jingle Bell Jog Race Report


Once again I had a good time a the Jingle Bell Jog. It was a cool morning. The temps were in the low 40's but once there race started it the temp was perfect.

I got up early that morning and went to Waffle House to eat my traditional winners waffle. I try to eat the same thing before every race but I almost didn't get my waffle. When I went to Waffle House they didn't have any Waffle Spray. It was almost a nightmare but after much begging and pleading they finally cooked my pre-race meal.




The plan for the race was 2 miles at 8:30 pace, 2 miles at 8 minute pace, 2 miles at 7:30 pace, & 0.2 at 7 minute per mile pace. The goal time was to be under 50 minutes for the whole 10K. It was hard to run the first two miles at an 8:30 pace. I was pumped and it was hard to hold back. I felt good and tried to stay around the right pace for each mile.



After the first 5K I stooped and gave my little girl a High Five. She that thought that was so cool. I'm sure it took a few second off m time to stop but the look on her face was worth it.





During the second loop I was passing everyone that passed that went out too hard or passed me during the first loop. It was nice to run the race where you negative split. That way nobody pass you. I felt like I was gaining momentum was I passed it person. It was like I was running down hill and they were running up hill.

Somewhere along the way my watch got off on my mileage. When the race was over it said I ran 6.6 miles. My finish time for the race was 50:23. I feel just short of my goal. I was and I am still little sore about it because I know I can beat the 50 minute mark.

I came in 40th out of 155 people that ran the 10K. I think I can in 4th or 5th in my age group. I will find out for sure when they post up the times on line.




After the race the gave away cool door prizes. Mrs Tri Runner & I grabbed up several of the other runners tickets that were leaving early. We stayed around after the race because we wanted to win the Grand Prize, which was a Wii. We didn't win the Wii.
For more pictures from the race checkout Mrs. Tri Runners Blog

2 comments:

Texafornia said...

Look at that form! Good job!

I always pause and pick up my kid to cross the finish line with me as well. And if I don't the first time, I come back through again (sans chip) with him and recreate the moment. He gets a huge kick out of pretending he did the race and is sprinting to the finish.

Jay said...

I like your form too.