Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Loop The Lake Race Report

Last Saturday I did the 5K called Loop The Lake. This is a fun 5K and this year I got to do it with my good friend Joey. This was his first 5K ever! He did very good for not ever going that far before. I'm hoping that the this race has giving him the 'Runner's High' and he'll come out to more races with me.
I had fun at the race but my time was not were it should be. I guess all my long and slow training doesn't help for 5K's. I came in 6th place in my age group with a time of 23:30. Below is me and Sarah Jane hanging out after the race.


Last year at this same race they gave away door prizes and I won a half day boat ride at the lake. So my brother came up with his kids and after the race we took the boat out on the lake. It was so much fun! Here is Jay trying to ski.


Here is my brother driving the boat.



Me driving the boat


Sarah Jane and Cole waiting to ride in the tube



Sam having fun



Here I am up on the the skies. I think it took me about 20 times to get up and I only went about 100 yards. But my brother got up on the first try and rode across the lake.




This is a video of Jay & Sarah Jane on the tube.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzTmxPUBGI

I had a great time with my family at the race and on the lake. Too bad I didn't win another boat ride so I could do it again next year.


Life Is Good.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Looks like such a fun day at the lake! I LOVE tubing.

Congrats on the 5K, and to your friend who ran his first!

Unknown said...

Oh wow... No you didn't jorge'

Seriously? The picture of me in the water with the skis. Thanks.

This was a fun day though... and I sound So hillbilly on that tube, I need to work on that. wow.

Learning As I Go said...

Congrats to your friend. Looked like a great time.