Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long Time No Blog

Ok.  It’s been almost a full five months since my last blog post.  Ummm….  Sorry about that.  I’m going to try and not let this blog die.  My goal is to find the balance between Family, Work, and Training.  While I’ve just start to get consistent with my training I’d figured it was time for an update.  So here is a check in of what I’ve been doing. 

Training
Currently I am training for the Albany Half Marathon.  I’ve running pretty regularly for the past two months.  Mostly because a friend on facebook wrote on my wall and said that she was going to make me her new running partner.   I’m kind of glad that she wanted to run with me because it’s helped me get back into running. 

Right now I’m averaging about 15-18 miles per week at a pace somewhere around 9 to 10 minutes per mile.  My current longest run is 7 miles.  I’m pretty pleased to be at the pace and distance that I’m currently at because took off about six months of running. 

As any race I run I have a few goals for the Albany Half Marathon.  1.  Beat my time from last year at this race which was around 2:20 mark.  2.  If the training is solid between now and then I would like to shoot to get up under the 2 hour mark.  I haven’t run a Half Mary that face in a few years.  However the bottom line goal with this race is to just have fun and cross another finish line. 

Family
The reason that I haven’t been blogging / running is I’ve been busy hanging out with Mrs. Tri Runner and the kidos.  While this is not an excuse it’s just what I’ve been doing.  I feel that my priority is to be the best dad and husband that I can be.  I don’t see myself being a pro athlete anytime soon.  So, to me family is more important than getting a New PR or finishing an Ironman.  There is a time for everything and right now while the kids are small and at home I feel that I’m needed more at home.   

With that said I hope to make post a bit more regular.  Keep Tri-ing. 

2 comments:

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

Nice to see you pop into the world. I can't believe how much your kids have grown! What a beautiful family, it's great how you make them a priority

Lindsay said...

SJ sure has grown! Good to see you - no matter how (in)frequent. Good luck with your training and keep putting your beautiful family first!