Monday, February 13, 2012

Daddy Daughter Dance 2012

Last Saturday night was my daughter’s second favorite holiday.  We got all dressed up and I took her to our local Daddy Daughter Dance.  We look forward to this night all year long and last Saturday lived up to the expectation. 

I try to take SJ on Daddy Daughter Dates as often as possible.  I don’t want her to turn 16 and not know how a date “should be”.  I feel that it’s my job to set the standard for all the other boys that are going to try to be her boyfriend later in life.  I want her to know what she should except when she goes on a date and how she should be treated.  That the guy should get the door for her, that he should talk to her at dinner, that he should have his car/truck cleaned out, that he should pay for the meal, that he should treat her with respect, and that he should be focused on her.  Then at the end of the date he should walk her to the door and give her a kiss.  This is the kind of date that I try to model for her.  I don’t want her to her the words “I love you” for the first time for some 17 year old boy. 


This was the 6th year in a row that we have gone to the DDD and as always we had a blast. I can’t wait to do it again next year. 
Life is Good. 

No comments: