Friday, February 17, 2012

It’s Official!

Well, I went ahead and made it official.  I’ve paid my money and I have sign up to run the Albany Half Marathon on March 3rd.  It’s been a long time (actually a year) since I’ve run any kind of race.  I am SUPER EXCITED about running it.  This is a race that is in my home town and I will have lots of friends and family there to cheer me on.  My church has the finish line tent for this event and there is about 10 people from my church running in this race. 


With only two weeks left before the race I’m feeling a bit nervous about it.  My longest run in the last two months has been 7 miles.  I’ve done that twice.  I wish that I’d been able to get in at least at 10 mile run in but do to a crazy foot issue I was not.  While I know I won’t be setting any PRs at this race I’m pretty sure I have what it takes to finish with a smile on my face.  My goal for this race is to have fun.  I want to run with my friends and enjoy the day.  My hope is that this race will get me back into running and racing.  I will be doing the Galloway Method at the Half .  I think the smart thing for me to do is to do a 1:1 ratio (run one minute / walk run minute). 

Until then I will be just putting one foot in front of another. 

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Good luck!!! Sometimes hitting the "register" button can be the hardest part!

Anonymous said...

That's great George! I'll be looking forward to your training tweets & posts. I was trying to stay away from races this Spring to give my body a rest, but Spring time in the South is for running :) Thinking of biting the bullet and signing up for another half myself. We'll see. Train hard & good luck!